We are Barnes & Webb
We install and manage beehives across London providing delicious, local honey and all the pleasures of urban beekeeping without any of the hassle*
How it works
- We make a free no obligation visit to make sure there's a suitable place for the bees
- Then, usually around April we'll deliver two honey producing hives
- You simply sit back and enjoy endless hours of your bees calming hum whilst enjoying your own delicious honey
What you get
- 2 hand built cedar wood beehives
- 2 colonies of hard working, gentle bees
- A percentage of the honey - harvested, bottled, labelled and delivered to your door
- 20+ hive visits a year
- A yearly, detailed hive report
- All the work done by our experienced beekeepers
- A chance to watch and learn as the hives are inspected
- Comprehensive disease management
- Weekly swarm control during the Spring & Summer
- A unique way to reconnect with nature
- The knowledge that together we're helping the honey bee and caring for our environment
If you don't have space for a hive why not consider one of our adoption plans. We offer a number of different options to cater for everyone and with up to 60,000 bees in a colony, there’s plenty to go around!
Gift pack options include email updates on your bees, a chance to watch and learn as we do the beekeeping and you can even get a plaque with your name on the side of the hive.
Choose a plan to see more
We're Barnes & Webb - a London based beehive rental company set up in 2013 by Chris Barnes and Paul Webb. We're passionate about bees and urban beekeeping and we've found a way of sharing this experience and the honey with others.
We've been placing hives across the capital building an urban apiary that's not only giving people local honey & pollinated gardens but also giving them a unique way to reconnect with nature.